September is Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month.
What does this mean?
It means it’s time to spread the word again about ovarian cancer and its silent symptoms.
• Abdominal bloating, swelling, pelvic pain, pressure or discomfort
• Nausea, loss of appetite
• Unusual fatigue
• Abnormal vaginal bleeding
• Unexplained weight gain or loss
• Frequent urination, constipation or diarrhea
How do we ALL do this?
By talking about it with the women in our lives.
Post a message on social media. Host a gathering where information can be shared. We are challenging YOU to invite friends and family to a gathering, set a goal, and ask for a minimum donation to support the SHOC Foundation’s mission to raise funds for ovarian cancer research.
• Become a voice for the SHOC Foundation – spread the word about
• Host a tea party, luncheon, wine tasting or dinner, have game night,
anything to get together
• Gather donations (checks or online donations are acceptable)
• Tell us about your event or share photos and send to
The SHOC Foundation can provide you with marketing materials for your gathering. If hosting a gathering isn’t possible, please consider making a donation to the SHOC Foundation in honor or memory of a loved one, as
we reach our goal of raising $50,000. We’ve done it before…we can do it again! Thank you for making a difference!
Corporate Sponsor Spotlight
For the last six years, Jim Kleiser has donated to the SHOC Foundation as a corporate sponsor. Click here to read the story of his wife Kati and why he is so passionate about his support of the SHOC Foundation and his continued mission to spread the word about ovarian cancer.
Jim Kleiser is the owner of Mr. Electric of Portland/Vancouver and Five Star Painting of Vancouver.
SHOC's IMPACT IN THE LAB – 2022 UPDATE
No more hassle at the bottle return! SHOC is now a Featured Fundraiser with the Oregon BottleDrop, which means donating your bottles and cans to the cause just got a whole lot easier. Click here for more info...